From February 28 to March 5, 2023, team SiNAB joined Australia’s largest international aviation and aerospace industry exposition, AVALON 2023.
The event – spread across three sold-out exhibition halls and over 320,000 square metres of exhibition space – broke attendance records across the board with:
- 48,516 attendances across the three dedicated trade days (up 24% on the last event which was held in 2019)
- 794 participating companies (up 14% on 2019)
- 234 official delegations (up 50% on 2019)
It was a huge week and SiNAB was excited to have our solutions on display at three locations across the event:
1. Our dedicated display studio at site EW6
This location was our primary presence at the event and featured:
- Our 1967 O-2A Cessna aircraft with operational Phoenix POD and other stores attached
- Live, on-the-ground transmissions from the POD, as well as our new animation video developed to showcase the application of the Phoenix JTAC Training Solution
- Our Helmet-Mounted Display demonstrating a training weapon HUD targeting solution for aircraft without a native aiming system via a Continuously Computed Impact Point presented to the pilot
- A range of solutions from partners Hood Tech (including O6EO/IR, MWIR3.6, AC14 sensors) and L3Harris/ViaSat
The SiNAB AVALON 2023 360 Experience
2. The Investment NSW Stand 2M8 in Exhibition Hall 2
This year’s Investment NSW stand was the biggest ever at Avalon, with 39 businesses and research organisations represented, and we were thrilled to be sharing the space with the likes of Nupress Group, Quasar Satellite Technologies, Applied Virtual Simulation, and MicroTau to name just a few.
At the SiNAB display delegates could interact with the Phoenix POD inside our “virtual hangar” (pictured above), which proved popular with attendees, as well as view the POD attached to various aircraft and learn more about its capabilities and modules.
3. The AVALON Conference
There were a range of complimentary conferences that ran during Avalon, and CEO Tony Landers and Mark Thoresen were awarded Best Presentation for their session at the AIAC20 AVALON 2023 Application Technology Sessions, hosted by Engineers Australia and the Royal Aeronautical Society.
Systems Analyst Peter Axiotis also delivered a pitch at the AVALON 2023 Innovation Pitchfest, hosted by Defence Science Institute (DSI) in partnership with AVALON 2023 organiser, AMDA Foundation Ltd, the SA Defence Innovation Partnership (DIP), NSW Defence Innovation Network (DIN), WA’s Defence Science Centre (DSC), and Queensland Defence Alliance.
Thank you to everyone who dropped by one of our stands, watched our presentations, scheduled a meeting, or shared a chat at one of the many networking events across the event. Bring on AVALON 2025!
If you would like to arrange a meeting to discuss any of our projects or services, please contact SiNAB today.